Thursday, January 24, 2019

Our Love Story

This morning I was perusing through Cricut Design Space images and came across a wonderful new image set called, "Our Love Story."  By the time I had reached the bottom of the page and seen all of the 35 images in this collection, I had FOUR valentine cards created in my head pairing these sweet images with a number of Eyelet Outlet products!  Before you know it, all four were finished, too! They practically made themselves!


This Cricut image actually has deer antlers on it and at first I thought I would replace them with Eyelet Outlet Deer Antler Brads, but I decided I preferred the doe and buck instead. I really love the Eyelet Outlet enamel shapes!  They add so much dimension to projects and this card really popped with a generous number of them in various sizes and shades.  


When I saw this "Giddy Up" phrase, I immediately reached for my Eyelet Outlet Horse brad!  I added some grass and a fence to my scene which are from different Cricut image sets.  Then I topped the card off with a couple enamel hearts.  


Next up, I loved this beating heart phrase!  You can almost hear the heartbeat through the realistic stethoscope brad  that I positioned slightly over top of an enamel heart!


Now for my favorite card!  I've had these Eyelet Outlet Peppermint Candy brads for the longest time, but had never used them on a project.  This colorful image really grabbed my attention and I knew the assortment of colors in my candy brads would be the perfect complement!  A bit of Red & White Foil Washi Tape for some added pop and my card was complete!


I wanted to share a tip with you on how I got these candies applied in a perfect straight line on my card.  I knew I wanted a candy positioned over each one of the scallops of the border, which is from Cricut's Holiday Cakes set, so in order to line up the holes straight and centered, I used text! I typed in 6 periods and then used the letter spacing function until each period was centered over the scallops.  I moved the scalloped border image out of the way at that point, because the holes actually needed to be in the white card base.  Then, using the slice tool in Design Space, I sliced the punctuation marks into the white layer to create perfectly aligned holes for my candy brads.  

Here is how it looked on my design canvas in Cricut Design Space.


And here's how it looked after slicing the punctuation into the mat.  Presto! Perfectly aligned holes ready for my candy brads!

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Have a wonderful day!








No comments:

Post a Comment