Monday, June 20, 2016

New York, New York (So Good They Named it TWICE!)

I (Lauren) live in New Jersey, near a convenient commuter rail line into Manhattan, and spend enough time in the city that you'd think at some point I'd stop being excited about New York themed art supplies... but it hasn't happened yet, lol! Case in point, Eyelet Outlet's New York City Washi Tape, which I've used as the sentiment on this city-centric card:


Can you spot the other EO goodies on this card? Yep, there's an uber-cool Taxi Cab Brad and it's sitting on a strip of Road Washi. Anything else? Howsabout the Cloud WashiGlitter Black and Glitter Silver Tapes?! Because there are soooooo many cool uses for tape, and one of my favorites is to apply it neatly in strips to scraps of cardstock and make my own custom patterned papers! In this case I've used the clouds as a background and the two glitter tapes have been diecut into streets full of buildings. Fun right? And really... except for the "New York" banner this idea works for ANY city... 


I realize that not everyone is quite as "maximalist" in design as I am, so here's a more pared down version of the same idea. I've teamed the Taxi Cab Brad and Road Tape again... (well, let's face it, they are perfect together!) ...and added a little bit of Music Note Washi, too. 


This time I've stamped the cityscape and used a Heart Brad to visualize one of my all-time favorite sentiments. 


Because yes, I do *love* New York! ♥

I love blogging, too, and do so pretty regularly at "...all the good blog names were taken..." stop by and visit sometime, won't you?

2 comments:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    ClearView Surfaces

    ReplyDelete