Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Here Comes the Bride

I love making wedding cakes ... out of paper, flowers & gems


I start by cutting three equal strips of textured paper (for this card, they are 2" tall).  I then round the corners on one side and attach the layers of my cake. 

Next comes the fun part ... decorating.


I started by layering three paper flowers (don't you love that the Eyelet Outlet flower sets include multiple coordinating sizes) and adding an adhesive flower jewel to the center.  I like to use 3-D glue dots for a bit more dimension.

Next I performed what I call *swirl surgery*.  I start cutting apart the gorgeous adhesive swirl bling flourishes to decorate my cake.


I finished with another two-layer flower and lots of purple flower jewels.

These paper cakes make such elegant wedding cards and you can customize to match the colors of the wedding.

Remember, you can find Inspiration on our Eyelet Outlet Facebook Page ... and our Design Team Pinterest Board.

Products used:






You can join me in blogland at Ingenious Inkling

1 comment:

  1. i looooooooooove this beautiful & elegant card... and i kind of want cake now, lol!

    ReplyDelete