Saturday, June 11, 2016

Glitter Washi Travels

This week I am in New York hanging out with my artsy bestie Lauren (who is also an Eyelet Outlet Design Team Member ... it is so fun that we get to design together in person and across the miles).



This card is inspired by our crafty travels.


There is so much to do and see in New York City ... and we never tire of exploring.  I just love this wide New York Washi Tape.  I added some Swirl Bling in Jewel Blue as well as Black Glitter Washi Tape and some Color Wheel Washi Tape too.

My trick for covering an entire card front with washi tape is to cut a piece of cardstock slightly larger than my desired size and position it on a non-stick craft sheet.  I apply a piece of washi tape in the center of the card that extends slightly beyond each side.  


Then I keep adding washi tape working toward the top and the bottom until the entire cardstock is covered.  It will easily detach from the craft sheet, so I can trim off the ends in my paper cutter and get perfect edges.

Here's another travel-themed card for a future dream destination ... Paris, France.

For this card I used the same technique combining Paris Washi Tape with Copper Glitter Washi Tape.  For the center, I used a piece of copper metallic cardstock to attach my sentiment.


I embellished with Eiffel Tower Brads and Swirl Bling in Champagne.

Remember, you can find Inspiration on our Eyelet Outlet Facebook Page ... and our Design Team Pinterest Board.

Products used:




You can join me in blogland at Ingenious Inkling

1 comment:

  1. best! week! ever!!! :) and what a gorgeous NYC card to celebrate! (ps the paris one is awesome, as well!) :)

    ReplyDelete