Monday, June 13, 2016

You're my Super Hero!



It is a week before Father's day and as always it allows me to take time out to remember and honor the man that was my loving father. My father was a loving example of what it is to be a good man, an upstanding individual and a contributing and shining light. My father passed away in 2002 and even though many years have gone by since I last talked with him I still lovingly remember his talks and his hugs (complete with very vigorous pats on the back).  This card is dedicated to this wonderful and super man!

Superman.JPG

The image is from the Silhouette studio, which I used the print and cut feature for both Superman and the explosion frame.  I used the foil Silver/Red star washi tape from eyelet outlet for the background and the Super hero sayings brads.
.

Superman Closeup.JPG


To make the card more 3D I used pop dots for the top part of Superman and the bottom portion of the explosion frame to give the illusion of Superman flying out of the frame.  As an added touch I had some comic book designer paper from Scrapin' up that I layered under a comic strip frame that I also cut out of the Silhouette software.

 Thank you so much for stopping by today and Happy Father's day!


1 comment:

  1. what a fabulous card, barry, so incredibly dynamic and a great tribute to your dad... and dads everywhere! ♥

    ReplyDelete