Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Hi (That's All)

You know how it is with mixed media. If you are a perfectionist about how things turn out, it's probably not for you. It's so hit and miss. And you want to control how everything looks, and it just doesn't always work that way.

My sister is visiting me this week, and she really has an eye for it. That, and she just lets "things happen." We made monoprints using our Gelli plates, and I had a rather large stack of "I don't think I like this one." Of course, she took them all and made amazing cards out of them!

One of my dear friends had said to me once, that if you don't like it, make it a different shape, or cut it up into a smaller design. And it worked! I love this fun and crazy card now. So here is my "this was supposed to be feathers" card turned into a cool birthday card!
I used a spray for the background, and then punched balloon shapes out of the monoprint, adding the strings on the card first, and then popping up the balloons with foam tape. My sentiment was then stamped in black in the corner. It still needed some jazzing up, so I added two lines of Clear 4mm Jewel Strips for some fun bling! I love how it turned out!
There are several colors to choose from in the Jewel Strips, so be sure to hop over to the Store and check them out!
Judy


1 comment:

  1. oh wow, wow, wow!!! these "rejected" gelli prints look pretty flippin' AWESOME to me, miss judy! ♥

    ReplyDelete