Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy Fourth of July!

This seems like a really good day for me (Lauren) to show off a few patriotic cards using some of my favorite Eyelet Outlet brads and tapes:


It's no secret that I love a big, chunky sentiment and that I often build an entire card --or in this case, two entire cards, lol-- around one. I love alphabet stickers and dies of course, but I also like to make my own custom letters using the ultimate resource for that: the font library on my computer! I just format the text I want to use to the correct size for my card, print it out, staple it to the patterned paper I want to use, and cut around the outline. For even more flexibility, I can make my own paper by adhering my favorite Eyelet Outlet washi tape to some plain white cardstock. In this case, a I've stacked a combination of red, white and blue tapes, to make the letters even more dynamic.


I love these Flag and Hat Brads, I especially love that you get 6 hats and 6 flags in the same pack. I made a little border using two flags, a hat and a couple of Enamel Stars, and flanked the "happy birthday" text with dots from the same set of enamels. My "USA" letters are a free font called "Intrepid" from dafont.com and the tapes I stacked are: Skinny Red Dots (from a great set of five skinny tapes)Red, White and Blue StripeSkinny Blue Hearts (from a set of three heart tapes).


My second sentiment is in another free font called "Roland" and features Skinny Blue Dots TapeSkinny Silver Stars (from another great three tape set), and my beloved Heart Washi. I've made a little bunting using light blue Banner BradsWhite Hearts, plus red and blue stars from the Red, White and Blue Stars brad set. It might take you a minute to notice that there's actually no official patriotic themed product on this one, I've just combined the right colors and added in some stars and things. In fact, most of my blue elements are baby blue rather than navy, which I think looks kind of fun.


I hope everyone who is celebrating today will have a wonderful time with family and friends! ♥

would really like it if someone 
could invent quieter fireworks, please?!

No comments:

Post a Comment