Friday, July 27, 2018

Hit the Trails with Boot Print Brads!

TGIF crafty friends!  Susie here and today we are going a little off the beaten path!  Eyelet Outlet recently released a new set of Boot Print Brads and they are perfect for cards and scrapbook pages about hiking or nature trails!  Time to play...


The Boot Print Brads come 12 in a package with a selection of white or black boot prints.  The background of the Boot Prints are white.  I chose the black pattern and decided I wanted to make mine look like they had spent some time on the trails.  I used Nutmeg ColorBox Blends to dab on a bit of "dirt"!  You can see the difference in this picture - instant grunge!


To make it easy for me to alter the brads, I stuck them in a bit of styrofoam.  I inked them up, added clear embossing powder and then applied heat to set.


I applied Leaf ColorBox Blends through a stencil to create a simple background. I also distressed the card with scissors before inking the edges with Nutmeg.


I stamped in a compass rose and a sentiment, added a die cut word and then placed the altered Boot Print Brads.  The finishing touch was just a bit of Skinny Washi Tape.


You can find all of the newly released brads HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Susie Bentz:  My Time to Play

Materials for Hiking Card:

Eyelet Outlet Boot Print Brads
Eyelet Outlet Skinny Washi Tape
Sizzix Eileen Hull  Journaling Words Die
Clearsnap Eileen Hull ColorBox Blends - Nutmeg, Leaf
The Crafters Workshop Rebekah Meier Stencil - TCW525 Stencil Screen Print
Stamps - 7 Gypsies, Fiskars

No comments:

Post a Comment