Wednesday, July 25, 2018

I Can Never Resist a Pun...

...and seemingly the more diabolically bad the pun is, the less I can resist it! Hi guys, I'm sure you're already guessed it's Lauren here. This week's card may set the record high (or low, depending on how you look at it?) for puns: "Just CHICKEN in", hahahaha! Ok, sorry, but it made me laugh and gave me an excuse to break out my adorable Eyelet Outlet Chicken Brads and Rooster Brads, so obviously it had to be a card.


As soon as there is any kind of farm theme, I want to break out the red gingham... so I did. I considered making an entire landscape for the Chicken and Rooster to inhabit, but I wanted the sentiment to stand out most, so I abbreviated down to just the diecut fence, grass and clouds, on a tag. I think you still get the feeling of a scene, but without too much detail.


I dotted the "i" with a Heart Pearl, and placed my chipboard letters pretty randomly, for a casual look. I attached the Chicken and Rooster directly to the fence panel, then raised it up on foam tape for a little extra dimension.


Don't like constructing your own sentiments? Check out our new line of EO Clear Stamps! They're full of fun (and punny!) greetings for all occasions, and designed especially to work with so many styles of our fun Brads!

comes from a family who love 
puns as much as she does.
(sorry ...or... you're welcome, whichever seems most appropriate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment