Tuesday, July 17, 2018

On Pointe

Hello everyone!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.

This blog post is as close as I've ever gotten to pointe shoes, but I sure had fun making these ballet themed cards using Eyelet Outlet products.  Either of these would be perfect for the ballerina in your life.

First, we have a pair of pointe shoes cut from cardstock and covered in Bright Pink Glitter Washi Tape.  They're attached to an oval of white and surrounded by Pearl Bling.  I left the inside blank as I wasn't sure how I wanted to use it.  Just waiting for the right occasion; from dance recital to party invitation to birthday.



I don't know about you, but my eyes aren't as good as they once were and my hands aren't as steady, so I helped myself with the placement of the pearls by printing a template on my patterned paper.
This next card is just tutu cute for words!  I love that it's dimensional made sensational the Fancy Long Zig Zag Bling and Clear Swirl Bling as well as Pink Checkered Washi Tape on the tutu and Hard Wood Washi Tape for the floor.



I snipped a piece of the zigzag bling to use it as adornment for the tutu.  Several jewels were colored with a Copic marker as an accent.  If you rotated this bling 180 degrees, it would make a perfect crown for a princess.  The row of jewels above was cut from the Swirl Bling.



I added the washi tape to the bottom section of the tutu and, to keep the edges from pulling away, I ran a thin line of Nuvo Drops across the edge.

I intended to make this a birthday card but opted to leave my options open for how to use it.
Both cards were made using cut files purchased in the Silhouette store.  Making them reminded me of the saying I saw some time ago, "Life without ballet is pointeless."


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment