Tuesday, July 3, 2018

A Fish Story

Hello! It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

Another clear stamp set by Eyelet Outlet, Fish, was used to make this "Fin-tastic News" card.   I combined the greeting, fishbowl and fish images from the set with the Fish and Sandcastle Brads, Blue Pearl Bling.  Also used were the Brown Glitter and Halloween Dot Washi Tapes.



I stamped the fishbowl image twice on 3" circles of watercolor paper.  On one, I cut the center out just inside the outermost line.  I attached that with mounting tape to the second image, colored with Copic markers.  The sandcastle brad was just perfect for inside the bowl.  I also stamped a mirror image of the fish so she could be looking up at her buddy.  Speaking of her buddy, he's a fish brad who's just so happy he can't "contain himself".

I made a water trail using the multi-sized pearl bling.  Pearls were also added across the center on the Halloween dot washi tape...the dots gave me a placement guide for the pearls and were a perfect size.  I attached that over the brown glitter washi which separates the two patterned papers from an old Gina K kit.



You can't really see it from the picture, but as a finishing touch, I coated the inner fishbowl with clear Wink of Stella to give it some shimmer.

If you like the cutout effect on this card, you might also enjoy this one I made a while back.


Kim from Katydid Cards 
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment