Monday, April 9, 2012

A fun Party idea from Nicole

Hello there! Hope you all had a Happy Easter weekend. It's Spring Break and what a great time to share some fun party gift bags and cupcake topper ideas with you from designer Nicole.

Girly Girl party favors 



Spring is in the air when you add these love bug brads to your party favors!




 Use our medium button brads to make some girly girl cupcake toppers complete with tutu's!



Here's how Nicole made the leotards in case you'd like to create these fun favors!

First I drew a template for the leotard part and cut it out.  Then I folded my pink polkadot cardstock in half and used the template as a stencil to draw 2 leotards... then I cut them out to get 4 leotards.  I sandwiched a toothpick between two the leotards (for cupcake picks only for the treatbags I just glued the two pattern paper leotards together).  Then I inked the edges.  Then for the tutu I cut 3 strips of pink tulle 3/4 in wide by 8 in long.  The I laid the strips one on top of the other and sewed a basic stitch across the top and pulled the string to get it to gather and then tied it off and trimed and uneven portions.  For the smaller tutus I used 2 strips 1/2 in wide and 5-6 in long. and continued the same as above.  I then put glue at the top of the tutu underneath the stitches and then covered both the glue and stitches with a white bow and ladybug/button brad.  Fun and easy!




Thanks for stopping by the Eyelet Outlet blog today. Be sure and check out our Upcoming Events calendar located at the top right of the blog to see if we're coming to your town.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This blog is a great source of information.I just love your idea of making themed collections!Find more ideas at here Party Bag Ideas

    ReplyDelete