Hello everyone! It's Janet here sharing a fun and quick way to use your favorite washi tapes. I know we hear sometimes that people love to buy washi but they don't know what to do with it once it arrives. While we love collecting pretty things, I hope this will give you an idea to use washi tape in a card to create colorful words.
Steps To Create This Card:
- Cut a 5 x 5 1/4 piece of kraft cardstock.
- Use dies or your cutting machine to cut four simple words such as Happy that I used here.
- Cut a slightly smaller piece of white cardstock and apply two strips of washi tape behind each word
- Glue the white cardstock behind the words. If you want, you can also glue in the centers of the letters such as the P and A. That's totally optional.
- Choose a sentiment to use. I made mine using the Spellbinders Glimmer machine and silver foil. You can use anything you want. You do you!
- Choose some brads to embellish the sentiment. I used Stitched Flowers Brads Bright and a Butterfly Bright brad.
- Cut a piece of gold metallic cardstock at 5 1/4 x 5 1/2. Glue the front panel on top.
- Wrap twine around the panel three times and tie a bow in the middle.
- Cut a base card out of white that is 11" x 5 1/4" Fold in half.
- Use adhesive to glue the finished card front to the base card.