Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Design Team Wednesday

Hello Eyelet Outlet fans! We're doing something a little different this week. On Monday, some of my teammates created cards based on a sketch. 

Today, I'm sharing a card I made based on a picture. The top image is an illustration I found on Etsy. I used the illustration as inspiration for the card I created below. 
Because the image has a copyright, I was careful not to create an exact replica. 

Besides, I wanted to put my own touches on it anyway. 



Pink Birdie Illustration Source: Etsy


My Card based on the inspiration photo.


If you ever find yourself in a creative rut, or you just don't know where to begin with a project, consider starting with a picture of something that inspires you. Remember to respect the original artist's work. Put your own touches on it and don't forget to cite the source of your inspiration if you publish your work. The possibilities are endless. I've found inspiration from product packaging, grocery store displays, clothing, an iPhone case and many other random sources! 


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: