Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Design Team Wednesday

Hello Eyelet Outlet friends, Shemaine here today sharing a few summer cards I created with my Cricut Explore, watercolors and some of my favorite Eyelet Outlet brads.

The Explore cuts just about any medium so I thought it would be great to cut some images with water color paper and color them with my Tim Holtz distress inks.



Eyelet Outlet Supplies: 






I used Canson water color paper I bought from Michaels with a 40% of coupon.




Cut out some images I liked from the Life is Beach cartridge with my Cricut Explore and colored them using a water brush and Tim Holtz distress markers.





I used circles of vellum paper painted lightly in the background and added the brads and bling strip to the Sea Horse.





For the next card I cut out a pre-designed card from the Life is a Beach cart with a sheet of watercolor paper. The finished card is 5.5 x 5.5



I used painters tape so the colors would not bleed into each other. I started with coral and then colored the outside border.




Once it dried I embellished the front with the die cuts I colored and added the Sea Shells and Shell corner brads. The bling strips were easy to adhere around the card base and I finished with vellum in the center of the card.




We'd love to see what you're creating with Eyelet Outlet brads. Share your summer cards with us on our Facebook page!

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Both are awesome. I can't choose which I like better because they are both so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful cards!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete