Saturday, March 18, 2017

Cooped Up


Hello everyone!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards, happy to be here with you today.

These Chicken Brads look so real, I'm craving chicken for dinner tonight.  In the meantime, I'm excited  show you the card I made featuring...chicken, of course.



When I saw these brads, I knew just what I wanted to do with them; so I set out to find the perfect chicken coop to fit the bit.  I think this one worked out better than I could ever have hoped and actually gave me the colors I used in my card.

I sized it to work with the chicken and this asymmetrical gate-fold card.  Here's a closer view of the focal point.


The belly band holds the card snugly closed and slides off, allowing it to open.


 And here's the card, opened, so you can see the sentiment and an opportunity to use another chicken as an accent.


This card was a lot of fun to make.  I want to use these Chicken Brads again, so I'll be looking for more ideas.

For more details regarding this card, please visit me at my blog.  If you stop by, please be sure to say hello!

See you soon with another project!


6 comments:

  1. Love it, great belly band for that gate fold card. Awesome use of the chicken brads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! What an awesome card to fit those chicken brads!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been such fun making cards to fit the brads!

      Delete
  3. oh wow! that's clever and adorable!

    ReplyDelete