Tuesday, January 1, 2019

World Traveler

Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today!  Happy New Year!

If any of you were lucky enough to get a trip to an exciting destination from Santa or resolved to do more traveling in 2019, this card is for you!

I worked with the Travel and Mail Brads.  They combined well for this World Traveler card; a great way to help send someone off on a vacation abroad if you weren't on the receiving end of the tickets yourself.






I made a suspended spinner card so I could show the big old jet airliner (remember that song?) traveling the globe.  On the front, the start of the trip and on the flip side, the plane is nearing its destination.



Here's how I did it:

  1. I stamped the globe image (Globe Greetings by Concord & 9th) twice on watercolor paper and colored them with markers and an aqua painter. 
  2. Once dry, I attached them back to back with a 6" length of clear thread in between them.  I used double-sided tape to ensure good adhesion.
  3. I cut a circle in the card base and decorative panel slightly larger than the globe image.
  4. The background panel was covered with Paris Washi Tape, applied on the diagonal. 
  5. I attached the globe to the back of this panel, again with double-sided tape and then carefully attached them to the card base.
  6. The globe stand was heat embossed with clear embossing powder after coating it with Wink of Stella.  Two Green Glitter Enamel Dots were added as an accent.
  7. The banner was created to follow the curve of the globe and the greeting was a text to path in my Silhouette Design Screen.

Here's the globe, spinning.


And here's the inside of the card.  Here you see the reverse side of the globe and the plane further along its path.  I wanted to use the other travel brads, so I created a sentiment spaced to accommodate the brads.  So, it tells the traveler to:

Have fun. 
Pack wisely. 
Take lots of pictures. 
Remember to write. 



And here's another Eyelet Outlet card about vacation, perhaps when the world traveler reaches the French Riviera.


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment