Sunday, July 31, 2022

Seize the Daisy!

 

Hello everyone! It's Janet with a summer card featuring many washi tapes and brads that can be found in the store.

I thought it would be fun to show that you can use washi tape instead of patterned paper for backgrounds. While the team has shown that often, this is a slight twist since I've used five different washi tape backgrounds in this case. The combinations of backgrounds is really only limited by your color choices and imagination.

If you'd like to try to do a similar card style, you can use Card Sketch #2 from Mary at Cardz TV. Just search Cardz TV sketches to find her free sketches. She has several fun ideas to try.

To make this card, I cut the rectangles in white cardstock at the sizes indicated in the sketch. Then I chose my washi tapes and applied them to the cardstock. I trimmed off excess tape. Then I stamped the pots, colored them with Copic markers and drew in stems and leaves. I added Colored Daisy brads, Mini Bee Brads and Funky Bee brads. I also stamped the sentiment and added Mini Leaf brads. The shopping list below links to all the brads and washi tape I used.

Once all the pieces were complete, I placed them on an A2 card base and glued them in place. The flower pots and sentiment were then added to the front. It's a fun card that would be great to send to anyone just to say hi, thanks or to let them know you're thinking of them. 

SHOPPING LIST:

Thanks for stopping by today. Please visit the store for all your brads, washi tape, bling and paper flowers!

Happy Creating Everyone!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment