Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Whole Lot of Wonderful

Hello everyone.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards, grateful for the opportunity to be here with you today

I didn't know I loved washi tape until I started working with Eyelet Outlet's large selection of it.  I think the decorative is my favorite, or maybe it's the glitter washi, no, the foil washi, but the holiday washi is great.  Okay, so I love it all!!

Today I'm working with two of the Glitter Washi Tapes:




And here's my card:



I've had this Vivid Vases stamp set for a long time now and I bought it because I saw a video on paper piecing the vases.  I was hooked!  When I saw this glitter washi, I knew that's what I wanted to use.

I decided to make a split front card using Basic Black card stock, so you're actually looking at the image through acetate.  I used a heavier acetate to keep the front of the card from bowing under the weight.  I made the opening just the right size for my image.  The acetate was attached to the inside of the front of the card.  The extra black card stock was cut to size and placed on the back side of the acetate to hide the adhesive.


For the front of the card, I applied a strip of the Glitter Dot Washi across the front.  I wanted to accent it with the Glitter Purple Washi, but cut it down to 1/4".  It's very easy to cut with a ruler and craft knife.  Also, just in case you didn't know, washi is low tack so you can lift it and reposition it if you need to.  I love being able to do that.

I created a banner for across the bottom using the greeting from the same stamp set.  There was just enough room on either side of the greeting for some bling.  For that, I used the Purple Jewel Bling Strips.

To stamp the image on a panel of white card stock, I used StazOn Black Ink and the MISTI to ensure perfect placement.  I stamped it again on a piece of scrap white, again with the MISTI.  Then I applied the Washi directly on the image and stamped again (several times) until I got a clear image on the Washi.  As an aside, you want to be sure to use StazOn Ink when stamping on the Washi or the ink will smear.  I fussy cut each vase and attached them (keeping them on the scrap card stock for stability) with Ranger Multi Medium Matte Adhesive.



My last step was to color the flowers using Copic markers, pulling the color cues from the washi tape.

Have you used washi tape on your projects?  If so, please share how you've used it in the comments section...always looking for new ways to work with it!



Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards? Katydid!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love acetate cards and this one is awesome, fab. use of the washi tape and great tutorial on how you did the vases.

    ReplyDelete