Saturday, July 1, 2017

A Toast to You

Hi folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today!

Last week I shared a card using the bacon and eggs from this adorable set of  Bacon, Egg & Toast brads.  I mentioned then I I just had to use this toast.  It looks so real...pass the butter, please!


 And here's the card I designed:



I decided on a pop-up easel card.  I've used this design in the past and really like the look.  I print and cut the Kitchy Kool digital patterned paper first and color matched it to the card stock.

To make the toaster, I used a cut file from the Silhouette store.  It was actually a card, but I shrunk it down and changed it to print only.  The center pattern also comes from the Kitchy Kool kit.  After printing it, I attached the toast brads so that they appear to be popping out of the toaster.




The greeting and sentiment were color matched to the dark red in the patterned paper.  Inside, I added another slice of toast in the very center and then I embossed the bottom to resemble the pattern in the circles.  It's understated, but just the right touch!



Here's another look at the card, closed and ready for mailing.  You can also see the Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine I wrapped around the panel...the final step!


I'll see you soon with another project. 


Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

4 comments:

  1. Love this card, what a fab. way to use the toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara! I think that toast is so realistic!

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness, you have outdone yourself miss kim!!! a TOAST to your brilliant designer mind!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren; but all the credit goes to the toast! ;-)

      Delete