Saturday, July 1, 2017

Caroling Reindeer

Hello, Eyelet Outlet Fans! It's Christmas in July here at the Eyelet Outlet Blog!  Each Saturday afternoon in July we'll be bringing you a special Christmas themed project, so let's get started!


I've seen a number of adorable caroling reindeer on Pinterest that were created with punches, so I decided I would try my hand at creating one with elements in Cricut Design Space. I think he turned out pretty cute!  I used an Eyelet Outlet Enamel Dot from the Holiday Package for the nose and an Eyelet Outlet Enamel Heart for his tongue!  Can't you just hear him belting out "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"?  

The background paper I used for my card is a print image called "Snowy Village" and it's from Cricut's Snow Angel cartridge.  I think my Eyelet Outlet Snowman Brad and Holiday Tree Brad  look right at home in the village, don't you?  These Snowman Brads are so adorable they make me melt!


  
There's only 176 more days until Christmas, crafty friends, so stop by Eyeletoutlet.com today and check out all of our amazing Holiday Brads and beautiful Christmas Washi Tapes and be sure to check back next Saturday afternoon for more Christmas inspiration!





Hi.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards and I'm joining in the Christmas in July fun. 

My card features the Deer Brads. I used both the stag and the doe for my scene and I just love how they look against the "snow".

I used an ornament die to frame my scene.  As I wanted it to be hanging from branches, I stamped pine bows across the top.


I stamped the trees on a piece of white card stock after lightly stippling the upper section with blue.  Then I embossed it with the Dots embossing folder and added snow on the bottom with a Snow Marker.  I placed the two deer front and center.  I sponged the edges of the cut before attaching it over the image, added the silver hanger and drew a string with a black marker.  Here's a closer look:


And a quick look at the inside:


You may have already done this with your brads, but I decided to see if I could successfully heat emboss the deer in gold.  I tapped them onto a VersaMark stamp pad, dredged it in gold embossing powder and heated it.  I lost a bit of detail: but the EO brads have so much detail to them, they still came out beautifully. 




10 comments:

  1. Great cards for the Christmas in JulY. awesome use of the products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful. Two very talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous holiday cards, ladies! merry "xmas in july"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards Susan and Kim! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys totally inspired me!!!
    http://llaurenb.blogspot.com/2017/07/i-stamped-i-stamped.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these cards. They are both beautiful and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome holiday cards! I love the snowmen! I collect snowmen, so these are right up my alley! And the deer are beautiful! Love that pretty winter scene in the ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The caroling reindeer is just stinking adorable. It reminds me of myself belting out Christmas carols off tune because let's face it....I have other talents! The snowman adds awesome dimension to the whole scene! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your beautiful Christmas cards!!

    ReplyDelete