Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Washi Tape Masking with MISTI Gel Press Plate Printing

Today I'm going to share with you cards I made using a stamping and masking technique using Eyelet Outlet Washi Tape, my Gel Press Plate and My MISTI.

I started with a piece of 4 1/2" x 6" watercolor paper.  I attached my 5" x 7" Gel Press Plate to my MISTI and stamped it several times using Yellow Ink to create the base.


Next I attached Glitter Washi Tape to create my grid design (I used glitter washi tape because it came in three different widths and it resisted the ink very well).  After it was attached, I inked my Gell Press Plate with Blue Ink and stamped until I had good coverage (which created the fun green when the two inks combined).


I removed the tape, which left the yellow stripes below.  I also took a Ghost Print, which is stamping on a second piece of Water Color Paper with the ink that was left on the Gel Press Plate, which creates sort of a reverse pattern since there was more ink where it didn't sink into the Washi Tape.


Final step was to make some fun cards.  Sentiments are perfect to stamp in the Washi Tape resist lines.


Here's my first card featuring a sentiment from Essentials by Ellen Crafty Ladies together with a Triangle Brad & a Super Hero Saying Brad (because Crafty Friends are Super Heroes).
For the Ghost Print, I stamped a large bold sentiment from EBE Crafty Ladies and added two different widths of Black Glitter Washi Tape along the washi lines in the background.

I embellished with an Eyelet Outlet Paper Flower (topped with a smaller flower from my stash) and piece of black bumpy bling for the center.

Here's one more I made also combining some Wide Washi Tape to provide a wider area for sentiment stamping.


This sentiment is from Joy Claire Hello Sentiments.  I added some Gold Glitter Washi Tape to frame the sentiment and finished with Pink and Maroon Glitter Enamel Dots.

Products Used:




You can visit me in blogland at Ingenious Inkling

1 comment:

  1. The Washi Queen strikes again. Fab. tutorial and cards. awesome job. with the tape.

    ReplyDelete