Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Abstract Washi

Usually when I create with Washi Tape, I try to be very straight and precise, lining-up up each piece next to the other.  But Washi Tape is also perfect for more random, abstract designs.

For today's cards, I started with scraps of cardstock slightly larger than what I wanted for my finished card and just started randomly attaching pieces of washi tape until it felt right.



Next I trimmed the overlapping pieces of tape and added some Yoga Cat brads and a fun Charmed Cat 2 Sentiment from Paper Smooches.  A few more layers of cardstock, and this card was done.  If you're a cat lover, Eyelet Outlet has lots of cat-themed fun.


This technique works with wide washi tape too, although the card will need to be a bit larger to get the same effect.  As you can see, the color of cardstock you use also changes the look of the design.

For this one, I finished with a single Road Side Thank You Arrow Brad and just let the Bicycles be the focus o the design.


I hope I've encouraged you to have some abstract fun with your washi tapes ... enjoy.

Products used:





You can visit me in blogland at Ingenious Inkling

3 comments:

  1. Great job, another idea for washi tape, it looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration for washi...I was just writing a post and actually mentioned you and all the great ideas you have shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. k, i'm pretty sure you just did it again: started the trend we will all be NEEDING to try!!!!!!! abstract washi: genius!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete