Saturday, July 8, 2017

Life Is Short - Eat Christmas Cookies

It's no secret that I (Lauren) ♥LOVE♥ Eyelet Outlet Washi Tape, and I have amassed (some might say hoarded, lol!) a nice collection, especially of Christmas tapes!


So of course as soon as I saw this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (#219), my first thought was that those awesome strips needed to be done entirely in washi tape!


Since most of the tapes I wanted to use are vertically oriented, I decided to rotate the sketch. I chose a notebook-style patterned paper, because I love the look, but also: the horizontal lines make it SO EASY to apply your tapes and have them be perfectly straight! I used *NINE* different tapes! From top to bottom they are: Skinny HeartsSkinny Pastel GreenSeason's GreetingsHollySkinny Merry ChristmasHeart WashiWide Tree TapeMerry Christmas and Skinny Green Stripe. You'll notice that not every single one of those has a holiday motif, I just chose tapes that had some red or green, that I thought went well together. My top tip for combining lots of tapes is to choose a few skinny or wide patterns to go with your standard tapes; OR you can get a similar visual effect by using all 5/8" tapes, but overlapping them somewhat randomly, which makes it look like you have tapes of different widths! I used some uber-cute stickers as my focal point, and finished off with a little bit of twine, some white Heart Brads and red Heart Enamels!


Why not grab a few of your favorite Eyelet Outlet holiday tapes and brads and join us in celebrating Christmas in July, every Saturday afternoon, all month long! 

and her Eyelet Outlet design team sister Stephanie Severin,
make Christmas cards all year long 
on their holiday card challenge blog, Jingle Belles!
♥♥♥
It's Christmas in July here at the Eyelet Outlet Blog and we're bringing you a special Christmas themed post every Saturday this month.  There's 169 days remaining until Christmas and now's the time to avoid the holiday stress by getting a big jump on your Christmas cards, so let's get started!

Today's card features Eyelet Outlet's yummy Christmas Cookie Brads which are so life-like they look good enough to eat!


The phrase is from LoveSVG.com which offers wonderful free SVG images that I find so compatible with Eyelet Outlet products.  And when you purchase their affordable commercial license like I did, you are free to modify the image as you wish.  In this case, the image was calling out for my Eyelet Outlet Christmas Cookie Brads, don't you think?  

Using my Cricut, I used a combination of print-then cut (green text) and I cut the red text out with Cricut Adhesive Foil to add some pop and shine to the card.  Then I added some Eyelet Outlet Holiday Enamel Dots to the bottom to really set the card off.  

I hope you'll check out all of Eyelet Outlet's Holiday Brad Collection and Christmas Washi Tapes and come back next Saturday for more "Christmas in July" inspiration!



Hi, it's Kim from Katydid Cards.  I don't know about you, but I find Christmas cookies are a hard act to follow.  In fact, while I'm down here sharing my card with you, my mind is still on those cookies!

My card uses these adorable Ornament Brads.   I like Christmas ornaments; but when they're perfectly detailed in miniature like these, I find them irresistible!


And here's the card I made with them.  It uses a "Birdbrain" image who was already carrying ornament' but through the magic of editing programs, I removed them and added the brads!  They worked perfectly.  Eyelet Outlet brads, eyelets and washi are a perfect companion to any digi images!


I made a little peek-a-boo card and you can see this harried bird running with all those ornaments.  Here's a closer look:


Inside, I created a little poem to accompany the image.  I'm not a great poet, but I think it made a good pairing.  I've shared it with you here in the event you'd like to use it on your cards or layouts.


If you'd like a copy of this poem for your cards or scrapbooking, you'll find it on our new Freebies page which will have tutorials, templates and printables.  Check back often as we'll be adding content on a regular basis.

I hope you enjoyed the cards we shared with you today.  See you next week for our continuing series of Christmas in July.



Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!




This Christmas Card with non traditional colors was designed
by Designer Stephanie! 

Don't you love the fun, green enamels!!



5 comments:

  1. What fun cards! I love the washi tapes.... so many fun designs! The Christmas Cookie brads and ornament brads are adorable! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards, they are all winners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are all adorable!!I LOVE Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete