Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Many Multi-Layer Mandalas

Hi folks, it's Lauren here again! I was lucky enough to receive some incredibly cool layered mandala dies for my birthday, from my friend and fellow Eyelet Outlet designer Stephanie Severin, and of course my first thought was: how cool they would look when paired with Eyelet Outlet bradswashi tape and paper flowers! Here are a couple of cards that I think prove my point, lol:


My first idea was to cut each layer of the mandala in a different color, and reassemble them all using classic small 1/8" Round Brads and teeny 1/16" Round Brads as accents. Luckily both varieties come in loads of beautiful colors, so I had plenty of choice. As I was stacking up the embellished layers, I noticed that the smallest and largest of my Purple Paper Flowers were the perfect size to be incorporated into the design, and they added even more color and texture! When I was assembling the finished card, I realized that the one thing that was missing was *SPARKLE* so I added a border of Skinny Glitter Washi Tape to the mat under my mandala, and it was the perfect accent!


My second card was inspired by the leftover mandala layers, and how much I loved mixing them with the Paper FlowersI started stacking them in different combinations, and instead of using the center from the die, I grabbed these fun Daisy Flower Brads, which are rather mandala-like, don't you think? I added Champagne Swirl Bling (though there were actually quite a few colors which looked equally cool!) and some Foil Dots Tape and called it good.


I hope you'll be inspired to look at your dies --and your EO Brads!-- and see lots of new possibilities. Meanwhile, there are always loads of ideas here on the Eyelet Outlet Blog. Why not scroll down and see what my Wednesday partner Carri is up to today? ♥

has a bit of a thing about mandalas, 
as you can see from even a brief visit to her blog!

4 comments:

  1. What a lot of work using all those brads, fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! These are just gorgeous! Love all the vibrant colors and the brads and bling look sensational...just like your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun Lauren!! Love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete