Saturday, July 22, 2017

Christmas in July Week #4


Merry Christmas in July!!
Two lucky blog commentators will receive an early holiday gift from Eyelet Outlet.
Please post your comments on any of the July Saturday posts!

Splendid Saturday crafty friends!  Time for another "Christmas in July" inspiration for you! Today's project features a reindeer who's extra cool in his Eyelet Outlet Sunglasses!


The file is from LoveSVG.com.  They have wonderful free SVG's and if you purchase their affordable license you can have fun modifying the design with Eyelet Outlet products like I did with this design.  


In addition to the Eyelet Outlet Sunglass Brad, which also come in pastel shades,  I added an Eyelet Outlet Enamel Dot in red for the nose, one of our beautiful Snowflake Brads and our adorable little Snowman Brads!  A strip of some Pearl Bling for a little more texture and this card is ready for one of my extra cool friends!


Thanks for stopping by today and be sure and check back next Saturday for our final "Christmas in July" special Saturday post!  




Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards; joining Susan for Christmas in July.  

I'm sharing a card featuring a herringbone pattern using one of Eyelet Outlet's many Christmas themed Washi Tapes.  Today I'm using the Merry Christmas Washi Tape.  

The bold colors in this washi are great for creating a herringbone pattern.  Here's a slightly different version on one my favorites of Lauren's cards.  If you want to try it for yourself, there's a tutorial on the Freebies page.  Washi tape is perfect for this technique as it's so easy to work with; it's sticky backed and easy to maneuver because it's low tack.

After I completed the pattern, I embossed it with Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder; an overall poinsettia pattern.   I matted it on a slightly larger mat of white and then on a base of green.


  I pulled apart an old embellishment and put it in a pot adorned with Gold Glitter Washi.  To complete my focal point, I added three tiny jewels from the Swirl Bling pack.  I colored them with a yellow Copic before adding them.

A little tag tucked in the planter and the card was finished.   


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!




 Hi it's Barbara and I'm so happy to be able to join Susan and other members of the design team for the Christmas in July Saturdays.  I love those ornament brads from the Eyelet Outlet Store.  they are the perfect size and come in beautiful colours to use on holiday cards.  Look at the adorable candy cane brad also from the Eyelet Outlet store. they look good enough to eat.  I hope you are enjoying the inspiration from  Christmas in July at the Eyelet Outlet.

It's Lauren here again with my Jingle Belles Christmas card for this week, to which I've added some of my favorite NON-holiday items from Eyelet Outlet. Yes, you read that right, this time I've chosen to accent a beautiful reproduction of a Thomas Nast illustration with Paper Flowers, a Pearl Brad and some Wide Flower Tape and technically none of those are even Christmassy! They look pretty festive though, don't you think?


In addition to not being a holiday tape, this gorgeous Wide Flower Tape is actually entirely black and white! But I liked how it looked with the vintage flora on the postcard, so I decided to add my own hand-tinting to the design with an alcohol ink marker, and I *love* how it looks!


I'm sure you have some pretty black and white tapes AND plenty of pens... how could you add color to make them YOUR OWN??!



A simple card can be glamorous with Eyelet Outlet bling, brads and foil washi tape.
This foil washi tape is amazing!  

Thanks for joining us again for this Christmas in July post.
Remember, two lucky blog commentators on our Saturday blog posts this month will receive
a prize package!  We want to spread a bit of mirth early this year!!

Dawn Mercedes of Sunnyside Up



7 comments:

  1. Wonderful collection of Christmas cards here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! Love all the inspiration to get me thinking about starting some holiday cards!
    So many great ideas... I really love those ornament brads and hadn't seen them before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so stoked I found your company! I love all the different eyelets and brads! This card is so cute and I'm making my wishlist firmwhen i do an order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful cards!!I love the fun variety of brads!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards! Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are
    So much fun. Loving the inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete