Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday Inspiration with Annette

Let me preface the first card with this very important information. I am not pregnant. This card is not my way of announcing anything. It's just a card. I have two beautiful children and it's going to stay that way. I love my kids, but my days of bearing children are (thankfully) over. Whew! Now that I got that out of the way, I can start telling you about this card. I was searching for nautical cards on Pinterest and found a baby announcement with the phrase "Ahoy! It's a Boy!" I thought that was so cute. I dug through my stamps and found the Baby Fotos stamp set. Lo and behold! I saw the It's, a and Boy stamps. What's better?! They fit perfectly into the life preserver. I stamped Ahoy!, laid down some striped paper from Down by the Shore by Fancy Pants, adhered the life preserver, which I had fussy cut, and then added the seashell brads from Eyelet Outlet. I love how this came together.





Supplies Used
Stamps: A Jillian Vance Design Ahoy! and Baby Fotos stamp sets
Paper: Fancy Pants Down by the Shore
Ink: Memento, Stampin' Up!
Eyelet Outlet: Sea Shore Brads

The second card is a little more difficult to make, but I love it, too. First, I masked off a circle. Using distress inks, I created the bright sun. I stamped the rays with the polka dot border stamps from the A Jillian Vance Design Stripes 202 set. I distressed the sky and the water, which was also done with masking. Then, I stamped the sailboat with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I adhered it behind the photo frame, stamped my sentiment and embellished it with seashell brads from Eyelet Outlet. For the base, I adhered strips of paper from the same paper pack used in the card above.



Supplies Used
Stamps: A Jillian Vance Design Ahoy!, Stripes 202 and Foto Frames stamp sets
Paper: Fancy Pants Down by the Shore
Ink: Memento, Stampin' Up!
Eyelet Outlet:  Fresh Flowers Brights


Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment