Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Ancestors

It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.  The new year is right around the corner and soon we'll be singing, "Auld Lang Syne" which basically means "days gone by".  So in honor of days gone by, here's a card about ancestors.

I had a little bit of fun with this card.  Well, actually I had a LOT of fun with it using Eyelet Outlet products.   I can't take credit for the original idea.  That came from a comic strip I saw long ago and it was in the deep recesses of my mind until I spied these brads.



To create the background, I used the Brick Washi Tape for the wall and Hardwood Washi Tape for the floor.  I added a bit of woodgrain to the floor with a Copic marker.

I found a clip art image of a picture frame and imported it into my Silhouette to trace for a print and cut. A little gilt was added with a gold leaf pen.  Next, I cut a piece of watercolor paper to simulate canvas and sponged lightly with yellow...since this is a picture of an ancestor, it had to be aged, right?  I attached the telephone from the Telephone & Fan Brad Set, but before I did I took a bit of 22 gauge black wire and twisted it around a toothpick to make the cord. You can see I left a bit on each end to tuck behind the phone after bending it to fit.



The father and son conversation is being had by the iPhones included in the Selfie Brad Set.  They're sitting in a chair filled with a pattern and cut using a file purchased in the Silhouette store.




Inside, just a little sentiment to make the recipient smile.  Would this card make you call or text?  I hope so!



I've made a few more cards using the phones.  I can't wait to share them with you...so stay tuned!


 Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment