Saturday, July 29, 2023

You Are Gorgeous!


Today I have made a card that's perfect for a teenager or college student who enjoys being girly and needs a reminder that they are gorgeous. The card is almost entirely made of die cuts. I cut the dress out of a coordinating cardstock pad to make sure the colors and patterns wouldn't clash. I love using all these patterns together. I added a piece of Glitter Skinny Washi Tape for a wide belt and a Pearl Bling piece from the Pearl Multi-Pack to accent it. I purposely put the belt a bit lower on the waist to make the dress more curvy and less Barbie-perfect. I like the way it makes the waist and hips more full and realistic for real people sizes! Last I used a black pen to draw a necklace and a piece of Clear Tear Drop Bling to create a totally mod necklace.

I cut the scrolled piece behind the dress from silver mirror cardstock. It reminded me of a mirror but it also really allows the dress to stand out. I also cut the Gorgeous phrase 4 times and stacked them up together. Then I cut another silver mirror cardstock phrase and offset it at the back to help help the phrase stand out and add a bit more glamour. I stamped and cut out the You Are phrase and applied all the pieces on a dark navy decorative mat. After that, it was ready to take it up a level with three brad sets. I used two Rose Brads, the button and phone from the Selfie Brads, and a bag and shoe from the Shoe & Bag Brads. I think this card is a fun reminder to a teen that they really are gorgeous.  

Shopping List:

Thanks for stopping by today. Please visit the store for all your brads, washi tape, bling and paper flowers!

Happy Creating Everyone!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest  

No comments:

Post a Comment