Saturday, December 16, 2017

Armed & Dangerous


Hi folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards here to share another card with you today.

Once upon a time when I was married, my husband was a real handyman.  And a very brave (or foolish) one because some of the projects he undertook were a tad risky..like removing a wall without knowing if it was weight-bearing.  This card reminds me of him.



I used a number of brad sets in the "construction" of this card; Toolbox, Tools, Saw, and Screws.  And I also used Silver Foil and Tape Measure Washi Tapes.

The image I used is The Weekend Warrior by Art Impressions.  I stamped it with VersaFine Black Ink and scanned it into my computer so I could import it into my Silhouette Design Screen.  Once there, I erased the tools so they wouldn't show from behind the brads.  I also traced him and welded his outline to the rectangle on which he sits...you can see how the sides of the rectangle accommodate his hands in motion.  Finally, I traced inside the shirt and filled it with a check pattern.  I print and cut him and then colored him with Copic markers.

The card design, a Step Panel Card, was just so perfect for this theme!  I found a tutorial for it on YouTube.  Here's a look at it from the side:



And looking down on it.  Also like my ex, he left tools sitting all over the place!



And a final picture of the back of the card with the sentiment from the set.  And another brad and some washi to accent.


The construction of this card allows you to slip a gift card inside.  Perfect for Christmas gift giving to the handyman in your life.

That's all for today.   See you soon with another project.


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment