Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Chicken and Waffles

Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

One of the new releases at Eyelet Outlet is the Chicken & Waffle Brads.  I'd never heard of this combination before...guess I'm living in the wrong part of the country to be aware of its popularity.  But the brads are sure popular with me!  Here's a card I made using just the waffles.



I used a card base I found in the Silhouette store and am very happy with the way it showcases the waffles and the fork from the Utensils Brads.  The greeting was created to compliment the waffles.  I filled the letters in the word WAFFLE with a waffle pattern.

The bottom of the card was embossed with a heart pattern...that open space definitely needed some additional interest and this embossing folder did the trick.

Inside, I decided to add a little syrup to the waffles.  The font is supposed to simulate snow, but I think it looks enough like syrup!



I didn't forget about the Chicken Brads!  Here's a redux of a picnic themed box card using those yummy chicken legs and more!



In addition to the chicken, I used the Silverware, Cocktail, and Dragonfly Brads.  In addition, I used the Hardwood and Blue Patterned Washi Tapes and large Jewel Bling as well as Pearl Bling (both colored with Copic markers).

The card base was made using a Summer Box Card cut file by SVGCuts.


 Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment