Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Getting Caffeinated

It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today!

I've been enjoying working with Eyelet Outlet's new clear stamp sets.  Among them is the Coffee Stamp Set.   The cards I'm sharing with you today pairs the stamps with some great brads and I love the result as much as I love coffee...and that's a LOT!

In addition to coffee themed sentiments, the stamp set includes images of the to-go coffee cup and the coffee bean.  On this card, I used the cup to create background paper; coordinating the colors to the brad.  To fill in the open areas, I randomly applied red Nuvo Dots in various sizes.  The Coffee Cup Brad was centered in the peek-a-boo oval where I stamped the sentiment in red.  The card base was created from a cut file purchased in the Silhouette store. 

While I made this as an all-occasion card, I think it would be a great way to present a gift card to a coffee shop as well.



If you want to send a card to catch up with your coffee-loving friend, this "What's Brewing" sentiment is perfect.  I stamped it in a flourished frame which I created from yet another cut file in the Silhouette store.  The flourish was the perfect spot to place the Coffee Bean Brads, accented with Pearl Bling

In the lower right, I placed a coffee maker (which I managed to obscure with my watermark).  On that, I placed an adorable cup brad from the Tea Pot/Cup Brads with a Heart Pearl colored with a Copic marker.  This great digital background paper brought all the colors together.



I tried something a bit different for this shaker card.  I stamped the coffee cup image and scanned it into my computer.  Then I enlarged it to card size.  With some welding and offsets I turned it into the shaker you see here.  If you're interested in knowing the process, just ask in the comments section and I'd be happy to share the details.  The "Cool Beans" sentiment fit perfectly on the lid.

Inside the shaker, I used the Coffee Bean Brads again.  To make sure they didn't catch on each other, I snipped the prongs off and just placed a drop of Glossy Accents on the backs.  This way they shake nicely.  Just for interest, I added a few seed beads.



I hope you liked my coffee cards and are inspired to go off an make your own...or at least have a cup of your favorite blend.  And did you know that National Coffee Day is September 29th, so this post is quite timely!


Kim from Katydid Cards 
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

1 comment: