Wednesday, April 14, 2021

"Happiness is...

...a cup of coffee and a good book". Or, as I (Lauren) have interpreted it in this wish-fulfilling card, happiness is a pot of coffee, a room full of books and a few close friends! I made this fun scene using Eyelet Outlet Book TapeBook Brads and Coffee Brads, and populated it with adorable characters from Waffle Flower Crafts' Books and Coffee stamp set.

I did all my stamping on watercolor paper and colored with Tombow Dualbrush Pens with Prismacolor Pencil shading. I was a little disappointed that Bear's glasses were just a tiny bit too big to work with our Eye Glass Brads; but I was able to add a Heart Brad to the cover of the bear's book, swap the large stack of books that the bird is sitting on for two colorful Book Brads, replace the potted cactus with a yellow lotus flower from the Frog Brad Set and add a Coffee Brad and Funky Bee to the foreground.

I made the "Library" by affixing strips of EO Book Tape to a panel of plain white cardstock and adding a strip of skinny tape under each to work as shelves. I made a table from Hardwood Floor Tape (it's out of stock now, but we still have some great Wood Tapes); assembled the entire thing, added the fun sentiment (framed with ancient nested dies) and matted the panel on Foil Copper Tape before adding it to the front of my white A6 card. 

Of course, you could make a room setting for pretty much any character stamp you own, with just some Washi Tape as wallpaper (we have pretty much every style you could imagine!) and Eyelet Outlet Brad accessories; I hope you'll be inspired to create your own interiors!

is still the world's 
sloooooooowest colorer...

No comments:

Post a Comment