Thursday, March 17, 2022

Fun & Functional

Until recently I've primarily been a paper crafter with a passion for Eyelet Outlet embellishments, but lately I've turned to felt crafting with my Cricut Maker. That doesn't mean I've left my Eyelet Outlet embellishments behind though!  I'm finding many ways to incorporate them into my felt crafts.  

Today I've got a couple of glasses cases I created from felt to show you.  First, here's my reading zebra case. The cute front/back zebra image is from Cricut Design Space and he's cut from iron on vinyl.


I actually had one of these completed when my husband said, "I bet your Eyelet Outlet glasses brad would look good on him."  He was right and I couldn't wait to hit the craft room and make another one!
By the way, we have a couple of different styles and colors of glasses as well as sunglasses at Eyelet Outlet. 

Here's another style glasses case I made with my Cricut Maker. To attach the flower and flower pot to the case, I used fusible webbing on the felt.  I iron it onto the felt, peel off the paper backing, then cut the images with the Maker and iron the assembled pieces in place with a damp pressing cloth.  

Here I've added Eyelet Outlet mini bee brads and a round pink brad for the center of the flower.  It's important when adding brads to this project that your glasses case be a double thickness of felt so that the prongs of the brads are sandwiched between the layers of felt and won't come in contact with your eye glasses.  


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope I've inspired you to find fun new ways to use Eyelet Outlet products.







No comments:

Post a Comment