Saturday, March 12, 2022

Gold on Black Thank You Card

Hey everybody! I hope you had a great week! Leslie here, sharing a a pretty thank you card featuring our Gold Skinny Washi Tape and Black Pearl Bling! I did the bleaching technique on the stamped image on the front of this card and used a lighter-weight 80# cardstock this time (versus 100# cardstock I've used in the past) which yielded a sort of mottled effect that I thought looked really cool and added some texture.

I cut a standard A2 size top-folding card base and layering panel from black cardstock along with a gold metallic foil layering panel. I applied strips of our Gold Skinny Washi Tape in a diagonal fashion across the black cardstock panel (eyeballed it... didn't measure) and then adhered it to the gold metallic foil panel and then to the card base. I stamped the floral image in Versamark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. I painted the image with a brush and household bleach, and then used brushmarkers to color the bleached areas of the image. I die cut the image with the coordinating die set and adhered it to three more plain die cuts for a little dimension, and adhered the piece to the card front. I stamped the sentiment in Versamark on a scrap piece of the black cardstock and heat embossed it in gold, trimmed it, and adhered it to the card front with thin black foam squares. To finish off the front, I added some Black Pearl Bling


I cut the inside panel from light yellow cardstock and embellished it with a strip of Gold Skinny Washi Tape and two narrow strips of black cardstock. I stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) in black ink and layered the panel on the gold metallic foil cardstock. 


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!


Leslie Turner
Blog / Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment