Saturday, October 7, 2017

Give Thanks

It's Kim from Katydid Cards today!

I've wanted to use the Leaf Brads to make a fall-themed or Thanksgiving card for some time, but there are so many other goodies to work with, I'm just getting around to it now.  You still have plenty of time to get these leaves if you want to make a card like this for a Thanksgiving or Fall card.  There are a number of other leaf brads, quicklets, ribbon and washi in the store as well.




I decided to make a shaker card with these brads.  I immediately thought of a window.  It's so beautiful to look out the window on the autumn day and see the show Mother Nature puts on for us.
To do this, I snipped the brad prongs off the back and flattened any residual metal with the flat end of my paper piercer.  To ensure a nice smooth surface so the leaves would shake properly, I also added a dot of Glossy Accents to the back...worked like a charm! 

I created the tree background by using a digital stamp in brown on a sky blue background.  Then I added my window over it, with acetate covering the back.  I attached it using mounting tape to allow plenty of room for the leaves to move.




And here's what the leaves look like when they've all fallen to the ground.  Get the rake!



I created the greeting using another digital stamp, cut in a scalloped oval.  A slightly larger oval was used as a mat.  I covered it with Glitter Gold Washi Tape.  I also covered a strip of cardstock with the same washi tape and ran it through a Paper Crimper.  Who knew it would crimp so beautifully.


I used another digital stamp for the inside.  That panel was placed on a larger mat rimmed with more washi tape.  A perfect complement to the glitter on the front!




And speaking of gratitude and appreciation, I just want to tell you how much I appreciate you spending time here!  Thank you!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment