Saturday, October 28, 2017

Pumpkins!


It's Kim from Katydid Cards today and I'm happy to be spending time with you.

I tend to use pumpkins on my cards long after Halloween as they are such beautiful symbols of my favorite season, Autumn.  So, even though I've set my sights on Thanksgiving cards, pumpkins figure prominently.

On my first card, I used the Pumpkin Brads.  I also used the Mini Leaf Brads and Maple Leaf Quicklets.


This is a pocket card, which started out as a Silhouette store design #31587.  I eliminated the pumpkin, replacing it with the bushel of pumpkins file #49952.  Of course, I changed that up a bit as well to accommodate the brads.  Once I had my basic design laid out, I then selected the digital patterned paper and an embellishment from the Pumpkin Patch Kit by NitWit Collections to fill the base.

Here's a closer look at the bushel.  I just love those Pumpkins...the way the light hits them!  And see the leaves I added to the left; two large Maple Quicklets and two Mini Leaves.  While I didn't share a close-up of the Pumpkins, you can see I added three with two Mini Leaves and some of that vine I will expand on in a moment.



To accent, I used covered floral wire which I curled around a skewer as vines.  I learned this trick from the very talented Tina Goodwin.
Inside, I used another file from the Silhouette store.  This time, item #100116.  I converted it to print only as my sentiment.  Here's a look at that.



Next up, I took a totally different approach to my pumpkin using Orange Jewel Bling, Green Jewel Bling and Clear Jewel Bling (which I colored with Copic markers).  I used a rhinestone setting pattern as a general placement guide.  This took a while to do, but I sure do like the outcome.



I used Ivory Confetti card stock from Stampin' Up for the scalloped circle and card base.  The mats were cut from scrap patterned paper.  The greeting was from the now defunct My Digital Studio.  I dissected it a bit.  The bottom half of it is inside the card:



I hope you like my pumpkin themed cards and I'm sharing them early just in case you want to do something like this for your Thanksgiving cards.  This will give you enough time to order your Eyelet Outlet supplies.

Another harbinger of Autumn is colorful leaves.  If you missed my previous Eyelet Outlet post with my Autumn leaves shaker, here it is.

Before I leave you today, I just wanted to share there's some new washi in the Eyelet Outlet store if you want to go check it out.  And don't forget to sign up for the newsletter so you don't miss any of the updates!


 Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment