Saturday, April 6, 2024

Short on time and need a quick card?

Have you ever needed a greeting card quick and didn't have one on hand? Well, by using nothing more than some scrap pieces of cardstock, an embossing folder, a die and a few embellishments from Eyelet Outlet, you can create this beautiful, simple, store-bought looking card in a matter of minutes.

I started off by cutting a 5x7 white cardstock base, a 4 ¾ x 6 ¾ piece of blue cardstock and a 4 ½ x 6 ½ white cardstock and layered those on top of the card base. 

The magic in this card is the beautiful gift box in the center. The gift box was made from a piece of scrap cardstock that I embossed and cut to look as if it was a box with a lid. I found a butterfly shaped dye and, using an orange ombre shaded piece of scrap cardstock, I cut out multiple butterflies and glued them on as if they were bursting out of the box. 


You will notice that two of the butterflies have sparkle to them. I made those by layering some Glitter Washi Tape onto my cardstock and then ran it through my die cutting machine with my butterfly die.

There are two beautiful monarch butterflies from the Butterfly Brads which add depth and movement to the front of the card. The sentiment is a simple thank you in which I cut it out twice and glued both pieces together, offsetting each other to form a shadow type look.

In the corners and in the center of each flower are shiny Orange Jewel Bling for sparkle.

This card took me approximately 20 minutes to make using nothing more than scrap pieces of cardstock I had laying around and adding some embellishments from Eyelet Outlet. This is a very simple card to make and when you are short on time and you need a thank you card, or a birthday card, or a get-well card, just change the sentiment. This is a fun, beautiful and easy card to make.

Shopping List
Butterfly Brads
Glitter Washi Tape
Jewel Strips - Orange

Have a wonderful week and always be STRATE-UP CRAFTY!


💗Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment