Thursday, August 24, 2017

Cardinal in a Bird Bath

Happy Thursday, crafty friends!  One of the things I like best about my craft room is the window.  I just love watching the birds on the feeder and splashing around in the bird bath in the back yard while I craft.  As a matter of fact, right this moment I'm watching a beautiful cardinal wetting his whistle in the bird bath and he is the inspiration for my post today.


I started with a bird bath image from Cricut's French Manor cartridge, but I snipped off the bird from the image so I could use my favorite Eyelet Outlet brad.  I think I may have mentioned having a favorite brad in a previous post, but this time I really mean it!  The Cardinal Brad is definitely my favorite!!  His features are so life-like. The only thing this little guy doesn't do is sing, so I added some oh-so-pretty Music Washi Tape to the back ground.  This is a wide tape and it's so romantic looking with the floral pattern mixed with and sheet music and bird.  To really jazz thing up, I used a strip of Eyelet Outlet Glitter Washi Tape in silver for the water in the bird bath and then accentuated the red in the cardinal with some Red Jewel Swirl Bling.


Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to visit the Eyelet Outlet store on line for the best selection of brads and washi tape on the web!  



5 comments: