Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Here Comes the Sun(flowers)

The other day I (Lauren) was sorting through my big box of Eyelet Outlet goodies, when I suddenly realized I had never made a card with the gorgeous Sunflower Brads from the May release. Obviously I had to drop everything and attend to that!


These cards have quite a bit more white space than is usual for me and the white space is actually white in color, as well! But I had the beautiful Sunflower Brads and the equally lovely wide Glitter Sunflower Tape, so it's not like I needed a whole lot more than that. For my first card I affixed the brads to a circle of watercolor paper I custom painted with some very diluted Lemon Yellow ColorBurst. I added diecut leaves, a wordfetti sentiment and lots of Champagne Jewel Swirl Bling; with everything clustered on top of a little collage of Skinny Washi Tapes in shades of yellow and orange.


For my second card, I affixed the Sunflower Brads to some texty paper which had pretty little clusters of flowers and leaves. I covered the roses on the paper with our Sunflowers, but let the leaves show through. I added a bit more foliage and a couple of orange Mini Butterfly Brads. Again I mixed a few different Skinny Washi Tapes with the Glitter Sunflower Tape, and chose a typewriter print sentiment that coordinated well. 


I hope you're enjoying a day full of Sunshine and Happiness... not to mention creativity! ♥

used to live across the street 
from a sunflower farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment