Sunday, December 27, 2020

Have a Wild Birthday!

I love that no matter the theme, Eyelet Outlet has the topic covered. Today is a perfect example. I wanted to do a jungle themed card because I have a great stamp set in that theme. And of course Eyelet Outlet had the perfect brads and washi tape for what I had in mind.



I started by applying Giraffe Washi Tape on a kraft 4" x 5 1/4" panel in strips until it was covered. To get smooth edges, I folded over the raw tape edges to the back of the panel. Then I wanted to create circles to hold the elephant, giraffe and ape brads from the Jungle Mix Brad Set. I covered a small piece of white cardstock with Safari Foil Washi tape and cut 3/4" circles out of it. Then I set one of the animal brads in each circle. 

The next steps were to cut the sentiment pieces and heat emboss them with black and white embossing powders. I cut a long rectangle out of a piece of jungle leaf cardstock I had on hand and a 1" strip out of green metallic papers using my deckle edge cutting blade. I stacked these together on the right side of the card. On top of that, I attached the rest of the pieces. I thought the lower left corner looked a little bare so I stamped and cut out a couple tropical plants from the same jungle stamp set that I got the sentiments from. Any jungle-looking die cut or stamp would work for this.

I hope you enjoyed a tropical themed card after all the Christmas projects. I know it felt pretty good to do something a little different for a change.

Have a great week and Happy New Year to you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment