Sunday, December 6, 2020

A Big Nurse Thank You!

Hello EO fans! Today I've got a special thank you card for a nurse. All healthcare workers need words of encouragment right now.


This card was made for my college roomate who has been an ICU nurse for 25+ years in a very large metro area hospital. Probably like many nurses, she came down with COVID-19 about a month ago and she's just now going back to work again. I hope this card makes returning to work just a little bit easier. 

To start, I first put Silver Glitter Tape on each side of a white A2 card base. Then I cut a slightly smaller mat out of red and white patterned paper. I used a stitched die for this but you can also just cut a rectangle at 4" x 5 1/4." Then I used the white piece which was gifted to me by a crafty friend. Any shape would work equally well. Then I covered a piece of white cardstock with Sparkle Red Glitter Tape and cut it out using a heartbeat die in my collection. If you don't have something like this, a heart could be used and you could draw the heartbeat in. It doesn't have to be perfect since it's just a jagged line. Just avoid it being too flat! LOL! That wouldn't be good!

I stamped the thank you sentiment from a Lawn Fawn set. Before I glued the white shape on to the card, I set the Nurse Brads and placed the Enamel Hearts and Enamel Dot. Then I glued it to the red mat and mounted the finished piece on fun foam before attaching it to the white and silver glitter card base. Inside this card, I included another heart and a smaller version of the heart beat to tie it together.

I hope this inspires you to thank a health care worker in your life. Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment