Thursday, October 21, 2021

Fun With Felt

I've been having quite a lot of fun with felt lately and have found new ways to incorporate Eyelet Outlet brads into my felt projects.  A few weeks ago and shared my a fall themed banner and today I've got some Christmas ornaments to show you.


I iron fusible webbing to the back of the felt that I use in the designs.  I peel off the backing and then cut the shapes with my Cricut Maker and rotary blade.  Once I have them layered like I want them on one of the round pieces of felt,  I cover the design with a damp pressing cloth and iron.  The fusible webbing adheres everything together perfectly.  Then I embellish the ornaments with Eyelet Outlet brads and sequins and blanket stitch the rounds together adding a little bit of batting before taking the last few stitches.

Eyelet Outlet sequins are amazing for this project and they are available in lots of shapes and colors.  I stitched round ones on the Christmas tree and wreath and the pretty star shaped ones surround the angel.  

I used a round jeweled brad in the center of my snowflake.  There's dozens to choose from at Eyelet Outlet.


In addition to the multi-colored round sequins, I added a gold star brad to the top of the tree and a few of our brand new gift brads underneath.

I have several more ornament designs on the drawing board, so check back in and see how I'll be using even more Eyelet Outlet products on them!










No comments:

Post a Comment