Saturday, October 2, 2021

Get your train rollin'....

Hello, Eyelet Outlet fans! I hope you've had a great week! Leslie here, sharing a super sweet birthday card for a special little guy (our youngest grand) who turned one a few days ago! This is a mini slimline and sure was a fun one! I semi-CASEd the sentiment on one of my own designs from several years back where I used a tractor... I love it so much! ;)

The typical mini slimline is 3" x 6", however, I decided going forward that I'll make mini slimlines 3-1/2" x 6" which will be the legal size for mailing. I cut the top-folding landscape card base from white cardstock along with a layering panel from blue cardstock. I printed the front and inside sentiments on a piece of white cardstock and trimmed them down to be slightly smaller than the blue layering panels. I hand-drew the train track across the white cardstock panel, added Train Mix Brads and Sun & Cloud Brads, and adhered the panels to the card base.


I embellished the inside sentiment panel with strips cut from green, red and yellow cardstock, added an additional Train Mix Brad, and layered the panel on blue cardstock. 


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!


Leslie from Love To Scrap 2

1 comment: