Sunday, May 15, 2022

Happy You're My Friend

Hello everyone! It's Janet here sharing a fun and quick way to use your favorite washi tapes. I know we hear sometimes that people love to buy washi but they don't know what to do with it once it arrives. While we love collecting pretty things, I hope this will give you an idea to use washi tape in a card to create colorful words.

Steps To Create This Card:

  1. Cut a 5 x 5 1/4 piece of kraft cardstock.
  2. Use dies or your cutting machine to cut four simple words such as Happy that I used here.
  3. Cut a slightly smaller piece of white cardstock and apply two strips of washi tape behind each word
  4. Glue the white cardstock behind the words. If you want, you can also glue in the centers of the letters such as the P and A. That's totally optional.
  5. Choose a sentiment to use. I made mine using the Spellbinders Glimmer machine and silver foil. You can use anything you want. You do you!
  6. Choose some brads to embellish the sentiment. I used Stitched Flowers Brads Bright and a Butterfly Bright brad.
  7. Cut a piece of gold metallic cardstock at 5 1/4 x 5 1/2. Glue the front panel on top.
  8. Wrap twine around the panel three times and tie a bow in the middle.
  9. Cut a base card out of white that is 11" x 5 1/4" Fold in half.
  10. Use adhesive to glue the finished card front to the base card.
I love the washi tape I used on this card. See below for a linked list of products I used.

Shopping List:


Thanks for stopping by today. Please visit the store for all you brad washi tape, bling and paper flowers!

Happy Creating Everyone!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment