Saturday, May 28, 2022

Snowy Nighttime Christmas Sky!

Hey everybody! I hope you had a good week and your weather is nice where you are! Leslie here, sharing a Christmas card with a pretty inked snowy nighttime sky featuring our City Skyline Washi Tape and Snowflake Brads along with Santa and his reindeer!

I cut a standard A2 size top-folding card base from heavyweight white cardstock along with a layering panel from lighter weight white cardstock. I employed the DTP (direct-to-paper) technique to ink the background with stormy sky and chipped sapphire distress inks and then splattered white acrylic paint mixed with a tad bit of water with my fan brush across the panel. I applied a strip of City Skyline Washi Tape to a scrap piece of heavyweight white cardstock I had on my desk, cut it out along the tops of the buildings, and adhered it to the bottom of the inked panel. I stamped Santa and his reindeer and the sentiment in black ink, and then added the Snowflake Brads to complete the panel.
 



I cut the inside panel from lighter weight white cardstock and embellished it with a super narrow strip of blue cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in black ink and layered the panel on blue cardstock. 



Thanks so much for stopping by today! 


Leslie Turner
Blog / Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment