Friday, October 7, 2016

Believe in Magic Mixed Media Art

I love to play with found items by placing them in a random order, covering them in gesso, and then starting with my own colors bringing out the texture and depth of the layers I just placed together.  I did just this in my mixed media project seen below.


I love that the Eyelet Outlet brads are so versatile that you can add them to all kinds of projects and they look amazing.  I picked out brads that were gold, vintage, and yellow and they all work so well!!

http://www.eyeletoutlet.com/
Brads used are the corner scrolls, pocket watches, gears, and stippled jeweled brads in yellow with a gold rim.

Here is a full video tutorial on how I made this fun project.


Here are some up close shots of the project with the brads.




Supplies Used
Tina Walk Kit - Fabric, Resin (Amazing Castings), Glue (Beacon), Resistors, Twine, Dew Drops, Stencil (Stencil Girl), Tag, Chipboard, Capacitor
Mists & Paint- Tattered Angels & Brutus Monroe
Found Items
Glitter - Prima
Beads - Prima
Mediums - Prima
Flowers - Prima
Metals - Prima
Brads - Eyelet Outlet
Stamps - Brutus Monroe
Ink - Brutus Monroe
Punch - McGill
Chipboard - Creative Embellishments
Adhesive  - Beacon
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment