Saturday, October 8, 2016

Woohoo!

It seems a bit of a shame to be posting a completely non-seasonal card just when Mother Nature is providing the Eastern United States with picture-postcard Autumn weather, but the brand new Eyelet Outlet Banner Brads were burning such a hole in my creative pocket, that I (Lauren) just couldn't wait one more minute to use them on a card.


I'm not exactly known for my CAS sensibilities when it comes to card-making. Au contraire. But these Banner Brads are just so fun and so colorful, I found that I really didn't need much more to round out my card. I've used the Pastel selection but they also come in Brights. I sketched the "path" of my bunting very lightly in pencil before heading to the sewing machine. I happen to enjoy machine stitching, and I love the texture it adds to my cards, but you could get an equally cool effect with hand- (or faux!) stitching. There are also loads of great stamp sets that have pennants of a similar size that I think would work wonderfully well!


You could personalize the sentiment with a name or an occasion (new baby, promotion at work, stellar report card) but sometimes a general "Woohoo!" kind of says it all, right? And that way you can have a few pre-made cards in your stash for an unexpected celebration. I stamped and colored the letters in a fun font and added some colorful 1/16" Mini Round Brads between the pennants... and my card was complete.


I hope you'll be inspired to help someone celebrate the big --or little-- triumphs of life with a banner card of your own!

can mostly be found outside in the garden 
when the weather is as lovely as it is right now!
(...and on her blog the rest of the time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment