Saturday, June 24, 2017

Like You and Me

Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.  For my design team post today, I decided to use the Bacon, Egg & Toast Brad pack.  They were so cute, I simply couldn't resist using them!


On this card, I used only the bacon and eggs; but I plan on using the toast soon on another card.  I just thought this card was good without a side of toast!




I found the perfect digital paper to complement these brads from the Rise & Shine pack by Northern Whimsy.  I print and cut that first and then color matched it to the card stock.  I cut the card base using a flip card cut file purchased in the Silhouette store.

The plate was cut using Glossy Paper (photo paper) and the flatware was cut from Brushed Silver.  Here's a closer look at the plate on its own little place mat...makes you hungry, doesn't it?  The EO store also has Silverware Brads which would have worked perfectly.  Alas, I didn't have them in my stash...how did THAT happen??




The greeting and sentiment were printed, color matched to the red using the AR Cena font.  Here's a picture of the sentiment when you flip the card:



The area where there was no patterned paper looked a little plain to me, so I embossed it with a Dotted Swiss border embossing folder to simulate the dots in the patterned paper.

That's it for this card.  I'm off to get some breakfast as I'm suddenly craving bacon and eggs!




Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! I get hungry every time I look at those brads! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Those brads are adorable and the perfect paper to match them. neat fold too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You couldn't have asked for a better companion paper! I like this fold...I use it a lot!

      Delete
  3. something else that's perfect together: Miss Kim and Eyelet Outlet brads!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lauren. I think so, too, LOL! I feel like I've found a home!

      Delete