Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Under the Strawberry Moon

This Friday, the ninth, will be the full moon for June of 2017, and thus it is known as the Strawberry Moon. I (Lauren) am planning to celebrate by eating as many delicious strawberries as possible... and of course... I've made a card! It features some beautiful Eyelet Outlet Strawberry Brads, and a few varieties of the gorgeous new Wide Washi Tape!


Have you seen the new tapes? They're at the top of the Washi section in the Eyelet Outlet store... the new ones all have an asterisk before their name, to make them easy to find. There are loads of styles, of course, but the ones that look like Watercolors are some of my favorites. I've mentioned before that I really love Wide Washi and Skinny Washi; when you mix them together with standard-width washi, it just makes any design more dynamic and interesting. But also --in the case of Butterfly Wide Washi and Flower Wide Washi --they are just so very beautiful! You probably know that my lovely design team sister Stephanie is known as the "Washi Queen" in these parts, and the way she is always devising new ways to use her tapes inspires ALL of us in the DT to try to do the same.


In this case, I thought I'd choose to highlight just the pink sections of the Flower Tape design, so I cut those bits from the main roll of tape, measured and marked very lightly where I wanted them to go, then applied them in two neat rows, about half an inch apart, on my card's background panel. I trimmed the edges with Skinny Pastel Pink Tape for a more polished look. I added my focal point, the Paper Flower stacks with Strawberry Brad centers, then adhered a strip of Butterfly Washi to a scrap of white cardstock so that I could fussy-cut the pink butterflies and use them as stickers!


I hope you'll be inspired to find new ways of using your Eyelet Outlet Tapes! If you need more inspiration, be sure to check out Stephanie's amazing creations (don't miss the light switch covers!!!) Then scroll down and see what my Wednesday partner Carri has been up to!

prefers the title "Washi Enthusiast" 
rather than "Crazy Tape Lady"
(...but technically both are true...)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, fab. use of all the EO items, interesting about the strawberry moon, I'll be on the look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,not only have you delighted me with your card but you also educated me as I have never heard of the Strawberry Moon! Love how you used the washi here...Stephanie would be proud! And the flowers...so creative!

    ReplyDelete